So, wait… let me get this straight.
* When I was but a wee little lad, I befriended a girl named Katie Vollmer. I must have been about six… no, it was before that, because I remember playing with this girl under a big evergreen tree well before pre-kindergarten, which means four or five. Anyways:
* We fall out of touch, as childhood friends are wont to do.
* Twelve years pass.
* Through the magic of thefacebook, Katie discovers that we’re both going to UD, and living in the same housing complex.
* And she’ll be roommates with a girl who ran track and sat across from me in 10th grade English and at innumerable lunches.
Ok, this is a bit… heavy on the coincidence, but, you know, these things happen, especially in a state as small as Delaware. Now for the mind-bending bit:
* It turns out that what seems like a MAJORITY of my closest friends have known this girl all along, and I never knew.
* Like, seriously, it turns out that we have a hell of a lot of friends in common. (Update: +2)
* And she’s the only person with more comments than me on Dani Meier’s livejournal (besides Dani herself, of course). I’ve been seeing this person’s comments for nine months and never connected the dots!
Excuse me, I think I just blew my mind…